How to incorporate being creative into your everyday life…
Creativity can be incorporated into your everyday life in so many ways… personally I am the most creative when I am designing interiors, styling homes and blogging, however the more you think about it you realise just how much creativity we can fit into our lives each and every day with just a little imagination.
You can easily intergrate creative habits into your daily life and the best way to start is to just pick something and do it! And trust me, we can all benefit from seeing the beauty in the world around us more a little bit more. Being Creative and thinking creatively isn’t only for when we are engaging on a craft project or for me when I’m working on a new blog post, it is actually already incorporated into our lives when we are deciding what recipe to cook for dinner, which flowers to buy at the market and what outfit we are wearing each day.
Spotlights Craft Month runs online and in store from 1st-31st March and it is the perfect time to start your new found ‘Life of Creativity’… so let’s start making and creating!
My top 20 ways to be more creative each and every day –
1. Get outside into nature – balcony, garden, park, beach, anywhere that has some greenery in it and find inspiration.
2. Get on YouTube and learn how to do something new; knitting, jewellery making, sewing, drawing…and then buy your products and get started.
3. Find an art gallery or museum near you.
4. Go for a walk around your neighbourhood and photograph anything that catches your eye. Now go through them and see if you can find any potential DIY or craft projects.
5. Revamp an old piece of furniture with paint, new fabric or even sanding and re staining it.
6. Make a card for someone and send it with love – try water colours or ink drawing.
7. Keep a little sketchbook and pen you really love on the coffee table for drawing and doodling.
8. Go to your local farmer’s market and buy yourself to a basket full of fruit and vegetables and get creative photographing and/ painting them before you eat them. or
9. Try drawing something with your non dominant hand.
10. Rearrange your furniture.
11. Subscribe to a daily email from an online creative business/blog/person for daily inspiration.
13. Brainstorm with a friend for some fun and creative ideas.
14. Pick some flowers and make your own arrangements – be extra creative and repurpose an old jar into a vase and add your own personality to it.
15. Find an object around the house that you don’t need/use and find a way to give it a new life/purpose.
16. Use watercolours and watercolour paper and play with colours and brush strokes.
17. Go to Pinterest and search for DIY crafts and see what inspires you.
18. Create a “inspiration wall” in your house by gathering images, items, quotes, artwork, and anything else that inspires you and put it on a cork board/large piece of cardboard and that way you can keep adding to it.
19. Draw a 1 minute portrait of yourself.
20. Spend 10 minutes drawing whatever comes to mind while listening to music you love.20
Inspired by Spotlights ‘Make it Yourself Movement’ I decided to take my own advice and get my craft on…
My project was turning some gorgeous but plain white ceramic cups and bowls into something a little more interesting and fun!