In your lounge room, generally a large sized rug is a great choice for the centrepiece of your room. Ensure the rug you choose compliments your furniture, interior décor and fits with your current furniture layout. Rugs are the perfect item to add another element of texture and softness to your space.
My Top Tips for choosing a rug for your lounge:
- In a small space place the rug in front of the sofa.
- In a large open space, I like the sofa to sit on the rug or even just the two front legs if your rug isn’t large enough for it to fit completely.
- If you have occasional chairs, put their front legs on the rug.
- For a modular sofa the bigger the rug the better.
- If you have two sofas position the rug in the centre between them.
You don’t need to be super matchy matchy when choosing a rug for your home, however it does need to compliment the space. Ensure it stands out from your original floor colour and then you can be as tame or as bold as you feel! Texture is key for bringing the most out of your room, so find something that adds a depth, you might like woven, woollen or shag, choose something you love!
Carpet Call has rugs in all shapes and sizes and some of them are HUGE which we love! They have free delivery and they also let you take up to three rugs home for 24hours to confirm that you love love love it, how good is that?!
Go and visit one of Carpet Calls many stores across Australia and let one of their friendly expert store member help you with all your flooring needs.
Find your local Carpet Call here!
Shop Carpet Call here!